Thursday, June 02, 2005

working/playing

today i spent hours pricing jewelry at home and listening to leonard cohen (it's what was in my stereo, and i couldn't move for all of the jewelry). at least i didn't have to work at the store. and i got the first look at new soul flower. i think it's susan's best season yet. i picked out a bracelet and earrings, but forgot my wallet when i went in to pay. oops. i also got my ass kicked at a game of carcassonne with jeffy. but i'm still super excited about being able to play online again... and NOT have to get a PC to do so. now we just need to set up a time so that three or more of us can play catan. oooh sweet catan.

i was tossing around the idea of going to hope tomorrow, but i've decided not to. i can go another day. i have lots of house stuff and general random things to do tomorrow. like pick up my clinique order at holt's and drop off that modem to telus. and a bunch of other less fun things that will feel good to get done.

amazingly, i've stuck to the last day of my cleanse. it's been hardest at the beginning and the end. at the beginning because i was in withdrawal, and at the end because i was in bore-ville. tomorrow i will allow myself some cheese. i'll take it easy... i don't want to make myself sick...but it's very exciting. i didn't go to the grocery store today because i knew i wouldn't be strong enough to resist the freshly baked bread and delicious cheese.

i also got to talk to my friend sarah today. we were online for over an hour and a half. catching up takes a while. she may come out in july for a few days, which would be fun. then i'd get to see her before i leave for europe (just in case i don't go to ontario on my way). it'd be nice to see her mom before i leave.

No comments: