Wednesday, June 01, 2005

here we go down now to the southside

it's official. on the 28th of july i will move in to my newly purchased, two bedroom, twice as big as my current place, condo in white rock, also known as the rock. it's true that the rock is known as a place where white people go to die, but it's a nice little town, and my condo is a block from the express bus to downtown. and as rachel's mom said, i'll have family near-by; by family she means her family, which is übersweet. and although i can't have a barbeque on my balcony, rachel's mom has told me that if i want to have a barbeque, i can just use their house.

i hope to trade ian my barbeque for services. he needs a barbeque, and i need someone to put flooring in to my apartment... and i'll need him to fix the aluminium wiring... and there's the plug in the bathroom that needs to be changed, and of course painting to be done. and lots of it...

the whole apartment is currently various shades of white. i took lots of polaroids so i can figure out colours, flooring and setup. this will be a little more exciting than when i did my current condo because i feel like i now know what style works best for my life and i won't have to stress about committing to a style. i guess time will tell though - i haven't been able to spend more than 15mins in ikea since i furnished this place three years ago.

i can't figure out uploading pics to my blog (despite detailed instructions from jeffy), so i will scan these tomorrow and email to people.

oh, i got an oil change and the emergency light switch fixed in my car, so now i'm totally ready to roll on short notice.

No comments: