Monday, June 27, 2005

fated

i really need to find my headphone for my iPod. at the gym tonight there was a heavy breather. i don't just mean, "wooo! i'm hardcore working out, so my breath is heavy". i mean, this guy had such random expulsions of air, it was totally distracting me from the flare article on traveling to ireland that i stumbled on.

which brings me to my title.

i don't want to put any kind of pressure on myself regarding this trip. because that is basically what i'm running away from. my goals there include but are not exclusive to: having a job where i really am finished when my shift is over, traveling around a bit, learning some irish, being able to mimic an irish accent at least somewhat decently (i claim no skills in this area currently), meeting people with cute irish accents, and having heaps of fun. so far, i have no idea how long i'm going for. depending on circumstances, i could be there for forever. i could also be there for a month. it's hard to say. but it is super fun to read into little things and accept them as fate saying i'm on the right track. i could be lying to myself, but i don't mind.

according to the article, designer bags are becoming super hot in ireland, so i'm really excited about that. it means i don't *have* to bring 10 bags with me. 4 or so will probably do. not including luggage bags. those are a totally separate issue. but i mean, c'mon! how often does someone come across a travel article about a place they're going to and it talks about one of their favourite things? actually, i'm kinda interested in those odds... if anyone knows off hand.

along with getting my passports worked out this week, i'm going to start thinking about key clothing to bring with me, so that when i see something on my list i can scoop it up, and not rush when i'm leaving. luckily, i won't have to really worry about the season. if i'm only gone for fall through spring i won't have to worry about summery clothes, except for going to spain and greece, and maybe the red sea. hmmm... this could be trickier than i thought.

anyway, back to work, and then to sleep!

No comments: