Saturday, June 18, 2005

goodnews/badnews

goodnews

had my follow-up appointment with the skin doctor...cause i got all those tests done march. i don't have lupus (i didn't actually know we were testing for that...oops). anyway, i also don't have rheumatoid (sp?) arthritis. whatever. oh, and my kidneys are functioning great. anyway, my eczema looks really good, you can't even tell i have it on my hands anymore. so he (the doctor) is happy about that. as am i!!!


badnews

i have anemia! i now have two options. eat meat or take iron pills. or maybe do both. the information has been passed on to my real doctor and i'll talk to her about it. in the meantime, dr. jeffy gave me some advice including finding out what kind it is. and telling me that spinach won't help me. i guess this explains the increased dizziness and tiredness. i still wouldn't do that stupid cleanse again.

i feel like this diagnosis just confirms my feelings of being detached from my body lately. on one hand, i've felt like i don't have any clue why my body's being so weird...detached by the symptoms. on the other, the symptoms have contributed to the detachment. first the mind, then the body. step one and two.

funny thing though. at the beginning of the appointment when he was looking through the test results, he was like, yeah, your iron levels are really low... and i said: that's why i have eczema? *laugh* it didn't make sense to me either... i mean, how are they connected? he said no, they do the test because it has something to do with an organ...kidneys, i think. so yeah, not connected.


tomorrow dalia picks up my couch. in some ways it will be sad to say goodbye to it. including not having anywhere comfortable to sit. and making karen and james use their camping equipment when they sleep over next friday. in other ways, i'm happy. yay! i get to get a new couch!!!

today during a crazy amount of carcasonne i won a couple games. my skills are improving, i am becoming a more worthy opponent. i plan to eventually crush everyone in my path. it may take a lot of sitting in front of my computer, but with the couch gone, where else will i sit? heh heh! first manhattan, and then ontario!!! muwah ha ha ha!!!

No comments: