Tuesday, June 07, 2005

keep the faith

(hey, that's a quality bon jovi tune!)

as mentioned, this has been the shittest year of my life. there are people who have had it worse off than me, absolutely. and i'm sure it's a bit arrogant of me to fall onto this, but really, having a blog is a bit arrogant. what should really happen is that i pick up the phone and talk to someone. then again, it is after midnight... who would be up?

i really do feel like my friends are my family, as part of being my friend one of the unspoken deals is that i will want to adopt your parents... or make them want to adopt me. i'm really into parents. they tend to be into me.

it's like i've been searching for replacements in case of emergency. my roommate's parents (from first year) were like my "ontario parents" for a long time. they picked me up and dropped me off at the airport to go home (we usually ran a bit late, but it became expected that i would have to run for the plane) i would go over for easter dinner, they let me drive their car and their daughter to kingston from ottawa. they came to my graduation. honestly, her parents are some of the funniest people you could meet. her dad has unstoppable dad humour, and her mom is so generous and quirky and sweet! i think about them a lot, and should probably have kept in better contact with them.

now my friend will be going through something that i truly would not wish on anyone. her mom is probably about where my mom was 8 months ago. i'm sure part of it is unresolved issues with my mom's death, but i really can't believe that this is happening. i totally totally get that parents will die, and they should before their children. i can't get my head around this... i have so many arguments against this, but i'm just not getting a response.

so, dear friend, please remember that there are people all the way over here who love you and your family. friends that hope for the best, and who understand.

No comments: