Tuesday, August 10, 2004

a special message from jeffy & me!

Hello everyone - I hope you'll all forgive me for the mass email - I am trying to use the power of the internet to make some magic happen. I know a kind girl named Ursula who some of you know and many do not. Ursula lives in Vancouver BC and is a fan of the worlds greatest game, the Settlers of Catan. A few of you have had the good fortune to play a Catan game against Ursula online before the PC that was donated to her died. I am hoping that with many people making a small effort, we may be able to do what Ursula cannot do for herself - get her a new PC to connect and play. The most basic PC from www.dell.ca is $394, and we will get every dollar donated matched, so we only need to raise $197. That would be less than $10 each, and I am going to start with a donation of $20.00, but I do not want people to donate that much. My hope is that as many people as are willing will consider a donation of $1 or $2, and that people who know Ursula or who are willing to help will also forward the message onward. If you're willing to make a donation, please connect to www.parsons-sheldrake.com/kindgirl.html and follow the link to make a PayPal donation. You can pay with a credit card and a $1 or $2 charge (or whatever you choose) will appear on your credit card bill.
A dollar or two would make very little difference to many of us, but together, we can make a big difference in the life of a kind girl! I will collect the donations and update the page to indicate the amount of donations.

Thanks for helping. If you are unable or uninterested in making a donation, please consider forwarding this email. If everybody had 10 people on their list and this got forwarded 3 times, that would be 1000 people, and Ursula could have a shiny new Dell for only ten cents each!

Jeffy Parsons-Sheldrake, MD CFPC



No comments: