Saturday, July 16, 2005

sorry, i already have a boyfriend

thursday was an adventure. i was supposed to go to surrey via skytrain and get to surrey central at 2. when i got down to the track there seemed to be a lot of people waiting for the train, especially for a thurday afternoon. a train came (but from the wrong direction) and after about 3 minutes of waiting for the train to start moving, an announcement came on and said that someone was on the track between broadway and stadium. the train was going no where. the offered "limited service" between granville and waterfront did not help me, so i got off the train to call danielle.

we decided i would take a taxi to joyce and then she would pick me up. (i'd already called translink, and there was no skytrain service east of broadway at that point.) as i walking out this guy was coming in and looked at me kind of like, why is everyone going the other direction? so i said, that the trains aren't running. he turned around and started walking with me, and was chatting me up and offered to carry my bag for me (it was tempting, but i didn't want him to steal it... oh yeah, i didn't want to encourage him either). so then he was telling me stuff, and i was like, oh god... *why* do i feel like i should be nice to strangers. anyway, he offered to carry my bag again, and i was like, oh! i'm used to carrying it myself, thank you. so he thought he'd try a different approach, and asked me if it would possible to meet me for a coffee. i told him that i was sorry, and that i already had a boyfriend. he replied, that he wouldn't need to know. my answer? i'm not that kind of girl. luckily he seemed to respect that, and i used my phone so he went away.

very flattering, and i guess a sign that i should wear that skirt again! then again, i had also done my hair and put makeup on... in all fairness, if i was going to get hit on this week, that should have been the day... or tomorrow, when i'm all decked out as a maid of honour. i have it on good authority that they get hit on all the time... then again, there will only be 1 (maybe 3, if these two guys coming together aren't gay) single guy there... and since that's ian, i don't think my chances of getting lucky are that high.

it's funny, because danielle and i were talking about it when she picked me up, and she said she always feels like it's so flattering and confidence boosting for stuff like that to happen. whereas my reaction is always, oh my god, this guy must be a freak, DON'T let him know where you live!!!

really, whenever a guy approaches me on the street, which is not to say that it happens all the time... or even often, but whenever it does, i always wonder what's wrong with him. (think two years ago when that guy followed me to work, and ended up bringing me flowers there-CREEPY!!!)

No comments: