Saturday, July 16, 2005

final countdown

(please note, i reserve the right to use this title again, just before i leave for europe.)

one burn and two hours later, danielle and i have our hairs did. the lady was flat ironing my hair, and she burned the back of my head. i barely held back the tears. it still hurts, and is really tender, but at least it was at the back of my head, and not up front, like on my forehead.

my hair is way different than the tester hair we did last month. because i have a bruise on my shoulder from my overnight bag, we decided to try it half-up/half-down. it looks very nice like this, and will ideally cover some of the whiteness of my shoulders too.

danielle also has a different hair do than her first tester. this is a little softer, and more casual. and more her, so it looks beautiful.

the weather started out crap today, but is nice and cool, and a little bit sunny right now. as long as it doesn't rain, danielle will be happy. that means i will be happy too.

i wrote out my speech last night, and tested it out on the ladies at the salon while danielle went to get us sandwiches. i didn't get all of the laughs i wanted, but hopefully the families will think it's funnier. eek!! i will report back later.

so, in 10 minutes we leave for the hotel in chilliwack, where we will meet the photographer and get dressed, and makeup on. and then it's off to do photos and for danielle to get hitched.

on the boys at the wedding situation: turns out there will be two single boys there. one ian, one danielle's cousin (his guest is a girl, but she's *not* a date).

No comments: