Friday, April 27, 2007

figure it out

here's the scoop in the world of immigration and emmigration.*

giving credit where it's due, danielle thought it'd be worth trying to do a three-way call between me and the immigration office in Mississauga.

well, it worked. i got answers. our application has once again been sent away, this time to canada, and i've faxed the receipt from the medical gerry had to do, so that it can be included in our application.

what kind of time are we talking about here? well, not to get my or anyone else's hopes up, but it looks like 37 days for the canada bit, and then everything gets sent to london (isn't that where it just was?) where gerry's medical will be waiting for us, and probably an interview of some sort. the london leg will probably take 3 months.

so, my job search will still happen. my last day is june 1st at my current job, and i have to say that my manager has been super wicked about the whole thing. i probably shouldn't go into detail, so yeah: really great.

that's the news.

* special thanks to kenji for giving the 888 number a call for me... and then trying again because it was busy. again.

No comments: