Wednesday, August 31, 2005

my life, controlled by lists

i love lists. they help me focus, organise, feel good, get stuff done.

lately, i feel like my life has been controlled by lists. i do love them, but i don't want them to be the primary focus of every day. some days are okay, but every day? eek.

luckily i got to check off lots of stuff from my list today... the list i'm trying to eliminate. mailbox lock got changed, started a project for this signage that's a sort of shadow box and started a website.

oh!!! from my list yesterday, i got an estimate for this scratch on my car... which i want fixed before i sell it. so i went to the place in hope, and had to wait while he gave this other guy an estimate... and he told the other customer that he couldn't make an appointment until next week wednesday. now, that's fine for the other guy, but not for me. since i'm going to be in hope thursday through sunday, i decided that would be a good time for me to bring in my car. so i proposed a bribe... first homemade cookies, but it didn't appear to be his weakness... brainwave! beer! so, i'm bringing the guy a case of BUD and taking in my car on thursday morning, to be picked up friday. i had mentioned that i live in white rock, and he asked how i was getting home, i told him i would work something out. he said i shouldn't have any trouble... that i'm very convincing. *laugh* for the amount of money i'm saving, i think i'm the winner... including the cost of the beer.

No comments: