Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gluten-Free brown rice Rice Krispie Squares

Did you know that these are now called Rice Krispie Treats? Also! The recipe has changed! Since it's been a while since I made what is truly a specialty of mine, I thought I'd double-check the website. *sigh* they don't even add vanilla? What has the world come to?!

You can tell these aren't the regular Rice Krispies, but they aren't far enough off that it will either matter or taste weird. You can still give them to people you like. I promise.

I melt about 1/4 of butter, then a bag of marshmallows, add about a teaspoon of vanilla to the melty mix, and then pour in Rice Krispies until it's at the ratio you like. I prefer gooey over crisp, so I stop with the cereal when it still looks like there's a tiny bit too much on the marshmallow side. Because it's not.

Transfer to a buttered (lightly) square/rectangular or whatever shape you like, dish, cool, cut, enjoy!

No comments: