Wednesday, August 24, 2005

what are you going to do, heather?

we did some sorting today at my mom's house. somehow i don't have to come back tomorrow. i will continue the process next week and the week after, in preparation for the garage sale, but for this week, i'm done.

things i've claimed from the house:

a croquet set - hence the heathers quote (who wants to play?! seriously... maybe this sunday)
table and 4 chairs (i didn't have space for one in kits)
a memory cutting board (for rachel's mom)
a german cookbook (they do eat some non-meat foods)
an indian cookbook (probably bought for me)
an original nintendo (sa-weet)

things were fairly reasonable today. going through a couple boxes made me sad...but i was mostly pretty heartless about it, because i don't need any of that stuff, and i already have some special items that make me think of my mom and dad everyday. oddly, or not, what probably made me the most sad was seeing this picture of my brother from the cub scouts wooden car race that he won first prize for. i totally remember that day. and he had the trophy too...but he doesn't remember any of it. it's the cutest picture of him. but yeah, that was probably the most emotional part. otherwise, things were good. and despite a few tense moments, my siblings were mostly decent.

No comments: