Thursday, March 24, 2005

middle-child syndrome

i have admitted it in the past, and i will do so again. cause it came up today... and now that i think about it...the other day at anghold/dalia's.

as a middle child with badly behaved siblings, and the much desired boy being younger than me, and therefore taking away my youngest child standing, i have always wanted more attention than i was able to get from my over-worked mother and absent father. i stood out by being good, getting good grades, and doing what i was told. i remember my mom having to go to see my sisters' teachers because they had to talk about behaviour issues et cetera. i would beg my mom to make appointments with mine too, although it was never requested. at least those days weren't all bad news for her! *laugh* i thought it was about interest. and i didn't want to be forgotten. like the time i scared her when i came out of my bedroom from playing, because she'd forgotten that i was even home.

i still really want attention. i'm greedy for it. and i like that my friends are good about giving it to me. in fact, i rarely have to ask. :o) fee-üsh.

No comments: