Wednesday, September 07, 2005

ease into it

it seems that with the school year returning, and fall looming, people are readjusting their school/work schedules, starting new jobs, and finishing up projects.

i leave for ontario (if i can clean up some loose ends) in two weeks and three days. i've decided that leaving on a saturday might be better for getting a ride to the airport and saying bye to my M-F working friends, which mostly they are.

there have certainly been a couple of bumps in my trip planning, and this last week a bunch more have popped up. some i will be able to ignore. others... no so much. in any case, i have three days to buy my ticket. once that's done, there's no going back. it means i get to do some shopping, get my hair did, do lots of packing and work on some forward looking...including the european leg of my trip... which will be longer than the time i spend in ontario...possibly permanent.

today i pick up my german passport, i'm gonna go to BCAA to get an international driver's license, and look into some travel insurance. i guess this is it.

it's weird, and i'm assuming it's like this for lots of people when they leave... but everytime i've left before, i've been really really excited about going. this time i'm more nervous than usual... when/if i come back, i'm sure things will be different. obviously i'm worried about my brother, and if i'm honest, my sisters, but that responsibility is kinda what i'm wanting to leave. maybe it's not as easy as i want it to be.

but maybe what i need to do is suck it up, and enjoy the ride. besides, i can always come back... unless rachel rents out my room while i'm gone... hmmm...maybe i should talk to her about that! ;o)

i hope my computer comes today. i'm not very patient with ordered stuff.

No comments: