Friday, September 16, 2005

bi bim bop

last night was dinner at a korean restaurant with omar, leah, amira (their baby) and ian. it was an adventure. hopefully we'll be meeting up on tuesday for some catan, maybe some thai, and afterwards, some of the apple and peach pie my sister made for me.

ian also fixed something on my car, and i dropped off some stuff to danielle (who is losing it and didn't hear me knock or ring the doorbell). i would have liked to get some catan or some euchre in there, but i was exhausted, and my car getting fixed was more important. since, as of saturday i probably won't have a car anymore. i really need the tire pumped up on my bike.

oh, so i went to the dentist today. twice. i had to go back, because the first appointment ended up being fixing the chipped tooth, which you now cannot tell at all was chipped. the dentist even had trouble after, he, was like...oh, which tooth was it. and fixing some other issues. :o) don't not go to the dentist for 3 or 4 years. oh, maybe it's been longer... more like 5 now. eek. anyway, don't not go. my upper tooth wore out the filling on my lower tooth in that time, and so i even had to get that fixed today. anyway... he did say my wisdom teeth looked good. and that i don't need them taken out. and that my teeth are very nice... here's something funny though. as i was getting my teeth cleaned, the hygenist was like: do you use a whitening toothpaste? now, after getting all that stuff done, i was ummm... vulnerable... maybe even sensitive. :o) so i thought she meant that i should be! i was like: no, should i be? are they really bad? but she laughed at me. she thought that because my teeth were so white, and sensitive, that i had been using something. and the crazy dentist overheard this (he is a total nutbar, but very good and explains everything... he will in fact, talk your ear off... and i now know the light in his shed is connected to a switch in his house by an extension cord buried underground, well, you get the idea. pretty funny though.) so he rushed back into the room with a whole display of teeth in various colours... like a nail polish sample chart. anyway, he was like: no no! E1 (or whatever) is the whitest, and you're even whiter than that... here...grabbing a baby tooth sample and once again, making me look into the hand mirror. this is yours. this is your colour. you must have grown up somewhere with well water, or very good water. your teeth are very hard... and then he went on to tell me about flouride.

anyway, we talked about me leaving to go to ireland. and he actually knew that the floss sample he was giving me was made in ireland and imported through oshawa, or somewhere like that. he gave me extra samples to take to with me, because i said i was meeting up with my friend from ireland in niagara during the first portion of my trip. it was seriously funny. he will be my regular dentist if i come back to canada. i didn't get the famous person as a tooth demonstration, but he did pull out some stuff to make sure i knew what was going on.

oh, and i got a digital camera today. good times! danielle and i messed around with it tonight. before i got my ass brutally kicked at crib. well, maybe not brutally, but kicked all the same.

No comments: