Wednesday, February 02, 2005

my appointment

*the following contains words such as pap and sex*

yesterday after doing some work, with lola, and lots of emailing, i went to my doctor's appointment at the women's clinic at VGH. vera told me a while ago about getting cheap birth control through planned parenthood. and she's right! $36 for 3 months instead of $80+. but you have to have this initial appointment and talk to a volunteer and then the doctor. luckily i've had a pap within the last year so i didn't have to have one last night and because the video room was already being used, i got to skip that!

anyway. this is what happens when you start a new clinic: you have to lie on your form so you don't seem quite so slutty, and you have to discuss your family history. the family history part was horrible. i cried, because there's a section about breast cancer, and then the volunteer asked me if my dad was still around. i'm never changing doctors again.

now for the lie: the best part is that it wasn't even very good, because i didn't want to lie. i mean, if you're going to lie about something, at least make it good, right? did i lie about my number of previous partners? no. did i lie about birth control methods? no. what did i do? instead of saying that i'd been with my "current partner" for a year, or something equally non-slutty, i decide to stretch the truth to say a month! *lmao* seriously, this is where my dorkiness comes in. of all the places to lie, a women's clinic. i'm gonna guess all of the doctors and volunteers are feminists and wouldn't care between a couple of weeks and a month. i blame the media. bastards.

so immediately afterwards, i went to yvonne's, and confessed. sometimes i feel really catholic. she consoled me and we went to denny's. decaf for her, pancakes for me.


No comments: