Tuesday, January 04, 2005

holier than thou

today i had my car cleaned. i did clean it last week (myself) but that didn't go over so well. i went to a dyi place, and my hands were so numb i could barely pry my fingers off, and really, depite scrubbing, it looked like crap, i think the "semen" dried on it. anyway, i had it cleaned today, and it looks decent. especially since it got vacuumed too. yahoo.

i also saw spanglish today with d. it was good. i liked it.

brown free-range eggs were obtained from a still empty-ish safeway. it was soooo packed in there. i had four items, and it took at least 15 mins to get through the express lane. oh, and the orange i bought yesterday? gross. possibly rotten.

now that i have eggs, i will make martha cookies tomorrow.

i made ian a scarf this evening. i went to the yarn shop on 4th, cause despite liking the selection at urban yarn, i don't really like the people. i'm looking for a good/fun yarn shop in vancity. let me know. the yarn is green and bumpy and has bits of brown and reddishness to it. it looks decent. i had to make him something, i was feeling bad. we've been arguing/being crabby etc. lately. i think i feel better now. it's cause when you're crocheting (probably knitting too, but i wouldn't know) you have a lot of time to think. and analyze. which is what i did. usually i just make things with love, today i made with more.

one of my aunts emailed me today to say that she and her husband are going to come and visit in february. she's my favourite aunt, rhonda. it'll be good to see her. and it'll be nice for my mom to see her.

as for my foot, i can now easily feel the hemorrhoid (or bump, if you will) because i think the swelling's gone down. the pain certainly has, so hopefully this trend will continue and soon the entire bump will be gone.

in case anyone's wondering, the furla (which remains unamed to date) is doing very well fitting in, despite lola's comments that "shabby chic" should not include wearing my star sweater from nepal that has holes in it. danielle will agree with her, since she recently "mentioned" her feelings about the number of holes in my t-shirts and my not wearing a complete set of pyjammas ever, only mismatched stuff. i really do like wearing my old grubby t-shirts. they're comfy. but tomorrow, i will toss/cut up all t-shirts with holes. "all" may or may not include my dave mathews t-shirt that i've had for 10 years (it's so thin, the repairs haven't held out) but will include the shirt that i had to cut the arms off of because the holes got so big that they were basically decorations that attached to the neck.

all this and cookies? hole-d me back.


No comments: