Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ambition

As soon as I placed the waxing strip against my skin, I began to wonder if I hadn't been overly ambitious when I decided to wax my bikini line myself this morning. I thought we would be going somewhere with a pool, so it was, clearly, a necessary chore. As I reminded myself that the end sometimes justifies the means, I recalled that the last time I did this, and the only successful time I'd done it myself in over twenty years of 'management', I only used half of a strip. But it was too late for that, now. Much much too late.

In the end, not a horrible effort. I did do both sides this time. (The first time I tried to do it myself, out of girlish embarrassment, I only got halfway through the process. Well, I'll round-up to half-way.) There is some very minor bruising, and a tiny bit of tenderness where some skin came off. I didn't go for a pre-pubescent look, so normal activities can continue... you know, like wearing clothes, and such.

All told: Success!

No comments: