Wednesday, September 29, 2004

same/different

thanks for to everyone that came over for dampfkneudels! my mom was happy to meet you, even the people she'd already met! and thanks for your donation to the breast cancer society, marlo!

THINGS I LEARNED TODAY:

a better way to make dampfkneudels. despite it being much more effort... it's one of those things that's worth it.

just because someone couldn't give you a needle/take blood from you before, doesn't mean that can't get it on their first try a year later! thanks caleb!

i can make a decent soup. although i'm not a big soup fan.

there are some blogs i am not meant to read. so i will not.
these include:
• ones that i cannot read.
• ones that only say stuff that i already know.
• ones that make me think: what the h! i KNOW this person and call them my friend? what's wrong with me?
• and ones that make me think: i should really talk to this person more often, instead of pretending to hang out with them by reading their blog.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BRIDGET JONES AND YOURS TRULY:

• the idea of marriage makes me laugh.
• i am not having hot rompy sex with an adorable mr. darcy
• i am not as useless in the kitchen... i think this was a bit of a self-preservation thing. not just from university, but also because i am soooo picky (used to be worse) that it's been hard for people to make food that i like. so it's easier if i just make it.

NOT SO DIFFERENT THINGS:

• i think that there are two groups of people. married-types and singletons. luckily everyone i know (my age and friends) who are already married are cool-types. they can think and act independently of their partners. yay!
• i have a crazy family
• i should also probably re-evalute my career path, whether that's wearing short skirts to work, a see-through top, or actually looking for another job after my christmas commitment is fulfilled.
• we share key fun and supportive friends.

No comments: