Tuesday, June 06, 2006

i have bad handwriting

so i had another interview today. went alright... but i realised that i don't know the dutch word for customers. oops. must brush up on that.

i have mentioned before that there are lots of places in ireland that don't have numbers on the addresses. like our house. so my day started off trying to figure out where my interview was, and going to the wrong place because it had the same name. i made it to the right place, 5 mins. early, thanks to the nice lady in reception.

anyway, i'm currently working with two recruitment agencies (i have an interview with another one tomorrow) which is a whole new experience for me. apparently the places that they are pushing me for are will pay lots of cash, cause sometimes i actually feel harrassed. at the end of the day though... at least they called me back. some places didn't even get back to me, and one place got back to me to say that they'll keep my resume on file... that didn't really impress me, cause i have decent qualifications.

the funny recruitment agency event today:

i was supposed to get a call 30 mins before i left for my interview to go over some questions with the recruiter, she called 1 minute before i had to leave, but wanted me to call her when i was done. i literally got in the door and she was ringing me to see how it went. i told her i should hear something by thursday. she called me just after 5 to tell me that i have a second interview for friday... but the time she gave me clashed with another interview, so she had to call me back. maybe to make up for calling me so late today, and not being able to go over some test questions at the time, she decided now was a good time to try it out. when she asked me what i would say when asked a weakness (this is a position where you deal with distributors who will be selling the product to wholesalers) i said that i really care about the customer, and will go out of my way to help them. she was like: OH! umm... then they'll think you're going to waste too much time on people... why don't you say that you have bad writing... you know, something completely irrelevant to the job, because you're going to be using computers.

i TOTALLY get where she's going, but doesn't that seem like a bit of a silly answer? like, wouldn't someone who doesn't really understand the job say that? correct me if i'm wrong... on friday, should i say that? my gut says no, but i'm willing to be convinced.

No comments: