Saturday, July 31, 2004

postman pete

so i used to have the hugest crush on my postman. he's hot. i haven't seen him in months though. i loved his hair. his name's not pete, it's stu. i HIGHLY doubt he would ever read this, so i feel comfortable writing his name. he knows mine, afterall.

anyway, i'm currently reading this book that i thought would be more shit-my-pants-hilarious to read (i apparently will read anything from greek tragedies to trashy chick-lit). anyway, i'm not really into the book yet. only about 90 pages. but i died last night reading:

"He's carrying a bunch of folders. I make a mental note to order some more... in hopes that he will be the guy delivering them." and even funnier, about her neighbour, "In hopes of another chance run-in with him, I will check the mail at the same time every day. Even when I no longer live here."

yay! everyone loves the mail. and boys associated with it.

last night, ian and i were trying to figure out this telescope my mom leant me (please, if you know anything about them, contact me) and a jeep (plate # 315 FAM) was parking in front of me on the street. in his expert parking job, he hit my mom's jeep. so, i'm like, what the h? you don't park by feel. so i went down there and was like, look, i saw you hit my car. i'm taking down your plate number, i'll look tomorrow if there's any damage. he says: "oh, did i? well, it was just a tap!" like, okay, that IS how you're supposed to park. if it was my car, and not my mom's, he would have scraped the hood instead of bumping it. and that pissed me off. and his passenger was drunk. and i felt like he had been drinking too. anyway... while i went inside, he decided to film the car. fine, like i care. there's probably no damage. but really, if you hit someone's car and they call you on it: take some responsibility. say sorry at least. anyway. if you see this guy's car, it's an older style jeep cherokee and it's blue i think. he may be drunk. watch out.

i saw the village last night. and liked it. much repect for his ability to build tension and fear. beautifully filmed.


No comments: