Sunday, July 01, 2007

happy birthday canada!

hey, guess what? it's july. eek! where did that one sneak up from?

well, today is a potluck. it's going to be small, as we are still recovering from quarter-end. and potluck style means it's not all up to me. how exciting! aldi's special items on thursday included reese's peanut butter cups, maple syrup and some jelly-belly style jelly beans, which i stocked up on. sure they're meant for americans celebrating july 4th, but as the maple syrup and the peanut butter cups were made in canada, i had no shame in buying these symbols of 'americana'.

new and exciting things include that my new job is going well, but i'm totally going to post a 'characters at work' blog. hopefully later this evening. because there really are some characters. so , while i may not being doing the job i love right now, i am doing a job that will hold me through until the end of the year (this means two more quarter ends... i think i must be crazy) and i'm doing a job that's paying me decently enough that my economy isn't too bad.

i also got my orthotics on thursday. i don't mind wearing them at all. they make me feel like i'm standing properly. it's true, after a while my feet get a bit sore, but since i've been at work most of my days, and then on saturday i only got up once my stomach was growling like mad and then to go to matilda's going away party, it's not like i've been doing much standing since i got them.

i'm hoping that now things will slow down a bit at work, i should be able to go to the gym as much as i had initially planned. i can enjoy 2.5 months of normal-ish work hours! the gym we joined is grand, there aren't any kids running around, except in the pool area. and it's so close to my work. so i really hope i'll be able to fit into the pants i bought last year soon. maybe buying the peanut butter cups wasn't a great idea.

No comments: