Thursday, November 10, 2005

lucky 13

guess what? 13 days to my birthday!!! yay! usually my birthday plans include getting my hair done, dinner and drinking with friends. this year my solid plans will be slightly differnt. i know that i'm going to go to church to light a candle for my mom-i doubt it'll be hard to find one in ireland. and i'll spend the day with gerry. everything else is up in the air. i'll have only been in ireland for 11 days so i think things might be a little more quiet this year, but i'm really okay with that. i have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a weird day anyway.

yesterday christoph came over and we made dampfkneudels. so delish. it's a slightly different way than my mom made them... i think it has to do with the glass lid. you can actually see what's going on. anyway, totally yum. apparently there are sweet ones as well, and you can fill them with marmalade or jam (who eats marmalade, except germans?). i would probably never make the sweet ones, because i'm in love with the salty ball, so i just told him i don't care about the sweet ones. i ate like a million last night and had to sleep with an over-full tummy.

okay, time to deep condition my hair. it's kinda pissed that i don't have my pantene here to repair the bleaching damage.

No comments: