Friday, October 14, 2005

it's weirder here

i think toronto is a bit of a weird place for me. i feel so different here. different from people that live here. it's so awesome to visit my friends, but the life is different.

chris said it tonight, over dessert... he couldn't live in montreal, and he couldn't live in vancouver... too much slacker lifestyle. it's probably the exact reason i couldn't live in toronto. it's too go-go-go. everyone's got things to do. call me lazy but i have enough stress going on, i don't need a city to create it for me.

on that note, i *am* having a great time here. i'm actually learning the city a bit better now. cause i've been traveling transit by myself. i can now get downtown by myself. and i now know that sarah's street runs east-west, not north-south. i know when to get off and where to catch the streetcar from the bus.

today was good. i emailed, did some dishes, worked out flights (to germany for gerry, from germany for me) did some work and then did some shopping/walking around. and got to sarah's office-with directions, but by myself. yay!!! (oh, and some girl totally smiled and said hi to me on the street...i don't know why... but it was nice. kinda like being back in my old hood.) tonight we went to dinner at the phnom penh-like restaurant on st.clair. and by we, i mean sarah, chris, sean and me. then we went for dessert and chitchat.

we got home and all went to our macs. :o) msning/emailing/working. yay! i got to touch base with danielle and ian.

No comments: