Tuesday, March 06, 2007

tearing down the L

okay. not my first time, but i think my most tense time. today i got my full irish driving license. i was nervous about it... cause it's been a LOOOOOONG time since my last test, and let's face it, i didn't learn to drive here so lots of stuff is different. in fact, lots of stuff doesn't make sense to me. and i don't actually understand why they would be part of the test. like, who cares if you put on the e-brake (handbrake here) when you're at a stop? and why do you need to know how to reverse around a corner? that doesn't seem very safe to me... i really don't think you should be doing that, but today, i got tested on it. and when doing a 3 point turn (which no longer needs to be 3, it can now be 7 or 12, whatever) do i really need to use the handbrake every time i stop?

anyway, now that i have my full license, i can drive how i like! :o)

and superjob me!

at work, it's tradition to bring a cake for your birthday. i went to marks and sparks and got some cake to celebrate my test! (and the fact that i managed to save over 500 euro on my insurance by getting my license, and a further 50 by calling around to different companies!)

No comments: